Saturday, September 12, 2009

Redacted

Sorry for a little bit of an absence. There were some other posts here that had to be altered for various reasons and I opted to just leave them off and some everything up from August in one Omnibus post here.

As you know, we have a producer's rep now and over 60 screeners have been sent to various TV, DVD and theatrical distributors. We're expecting to start hearing from several of them soon and more after the Toronto Film Market where the film is being actively marketed. I have been accepted into the IndieCan festival, an Independent Festival in Toronto that takes place just after the Toronto Int'l. I don't think I'll be able to attend but hope that if you know anyone in Toronto, you'll let them know.

Indiefest Anaheim was a good time. Met a handful of filmmakers and sat through an interminable awards ceremony. Don't know how much I can go into here without offending anybody but Joey Buttafuoco was one of the presenters and I am actually grateful that I didn't have to accept an award from him.

I have also received a request from the Las Vegas Film Festival which is coming up at the beginning of next year and am now mulling the idea of hitting the Jewish Film Festival circuit. We have received almost all of our responses from non-niche festivals for 2o09 and have played at 7, winning awards at 2. Not bad for a first time out.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the rep does distributing the film. It's nice to finally have some support as I begin trying to get my next screenplay out there. Stillness is the story of a woman with an undiagnosable infectious disease who starts to think her husband is trying to kill her. And this one I won't be financing with donations. So, if anyone knows any actresses who are looking for parts where they get to lose alot of weight and do a lot of Oscar vamping, let me know.

Happy Sept. 12th One and All!

No comments: