Monday, December 14, 2009

Distro Continued

Negotiations continue and applications are in to a handful of Jewish festivals around the country. The distributor seems to be accepting most of our revisions to their initial contract but we are waiting on final word from our producer's rep.

I remember where we were last year at this time and it's hard to believe that so little time has passed and so much time has passed. We were sprinting to get picture locked in mid-December of '08 and had no idea what '09 would hold. I knew so little about what the festival world would hold having last been exposed to it almost ten years ago. And while we didn't play at as many as I would have liked, it looked good when we did and responses were strong and now we're still on the brink of being distributed.

And I'm arranging for very special screenings at my alma maters in Philadelphia, New York and Connecticut. It will be nice to use the film in an academic setting. Perhaps that's what it was meant for though I shudder at the thought of being didactic. I can hear Bill laughing.

Happy Hanukkah!

No comments: